About the role
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in collaboration with the Communications Officer, the Development Officer will contribute to the growth and sustainability of Fenix’s projects.
- Write grant applications, letters of introduction and project proposals.
- Together with the Communications Officer, plan and organise online fundraising campaigns and events.
- Propose and conceptualise new methods and ideas to raise funds for Fenix
- Work across the teams to collect information that supports the drafting of grant applications and donor reports
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator to ensure regular reporting to donors and followers through for example quarterly reports, newsletters, social media updates - this includes designing and writing
- Administrate the fundraising databases.
- Support the Program Officer with the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation
All Fenix team members must comply with the values and principles outlined in the Fenix code of conduct and Policies.
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologists and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, while advocating for a more just and equitable asylum system.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or previous experience in development
- Excellent organisational abilities with an eye for detail
- Experience in fundraising and campaigning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities
- Able to work under pressure and with short timelines
- Experience in using Canva or other design software
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word and Excel, previous experience with Microsoft teams and Airtable is an asset
- Fluency in English (additional fluency in Farsi, Arabic, French, German or Greek is welcomed)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an independent, adaptable and responsible individual who is willing to work in a very demanding and dynamic work environment. Our clients need great advocates who demonstrate compassion, patience, hard work and empathy in extremely trying circumstances. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.