About the role
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission and in close coordination with other protection and legal colleagues and partners, the Family Reunification Coordinator will be responsible for the intake, screening, drafting, preparation, and follow up of our family reunification cases.
Responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Coordinates and leads the intake, screening, preparation, gathering of evidence, drafting and follow up of applications forfamilies to be reunited under the Dublin III Regulation.
- Maintains a good knowledge of the changes in European and Greek legal frameworks in order to best support our clients.
- Liaises with partners and other organizations in Greece and other EU countries to support family reunification cases.
- Collaborates with the rest of the team to exchange information and ensure that Fenix programs are responding to theevolving needs of refugees.
- Attends conferences and lectures and otherwise stays informed on current developments in immigration law andprocedure.
- Participates in local advocacy and information-sharing with other non-profits through meetings and referrals.
- Communicates with authorities regarding updates on cases and procedures.
- Maintains records in compliance with reporting requirements of any and all grants or agreements.
- Performs other duties as required
About Fenix Aid
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologist and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, with the support of over 20 volunteers working remotely on translation, research, communication and fundraising.
What you’ll need
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset (French, Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Greek).
- Background in Law.
- Experience in Human Rights, immigration or European Law is an asset.
- Strong case management, legal research, and legal writing skills.
- Ability to work with clients of a range of backgrounds, with sensitivity to culture, trauma history, age and othervulnerabilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting, and meet deadlines in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in an emergency setting and under pressure.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about our mission. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, present a professional image, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting environment. We are looking for someone who sees this position as more than a job – something closer to a calling or mission.
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context.