About the role
Under the supervision of the Development Coordinator and Executive Director, the Fundraiser Officer will submit grant proposals, develop fundraising campaigns and work to retain the current donors in order to meet and attempt to surpass Fenix fundraising targets.
Responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Discover potential donors through outreach, presentation to potential donors and organization of events.
- Submit regular grant proposals to new donors, keeping a log of relevant information.
- Propose and conceptualize new methods and ideas to raise funds for Fenix.
- Utilize technology and social media tools to expand our donor base.
- Assemble a record of past and current donors while coordinating regular donor communications, gaining insightinto the needs, beliefs and donation habits of individuals and organizations.
- Foster new donor relations while building upon existing ones.
- Collaborate with both the Field and the Remote team to plan and coordinate fundraising event planning andexecution, create marketing materials for promotion, and propose other fundraising activities.
- Work with other organizations on the island to build collaborative partnerships and enhance fundraising eventactivities.
- Manage the fundraising email inbox and other online communications.
- All Fenix team members must comply with the values and principles outlined in the Fenix code of conduct andPolicies.
About Fenix Aid
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologist and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, with the support of over 20 volunteers working remotely on translation, research, communication and fundraising.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or previous experience in fundraising and grant applications.
- Ability to plan and manage own time and workload.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Fluency in English (additional fluency in Farsi, Arabic, French, or Greek is welcomed).
- Able to work under pressure and with short timelines.
- Ability to use social media platforms.
- Strong IT/computer skills.
- Experience in using different designing program is an asset.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an independent, adaptable and responsible individual who is willing to work in an emergency setting.
Our clients need great advocates who demonstrate compassion, patience, hard work and empathy in extremely trying
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context.