About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, and in collaboration with the Head of Mission and the Admin and Finances officer, the Head of Operations will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Designing and managing yearly HR/ recruitment plan
- Ensures timely recruitment of staff, in coordination with relevant support staff
- Responsible for onboarding and induction training of the staff
- Ensuring the staff have proper administrative and emotional support
- Ensures respect of and adherence to Fenix rules and regulations, code of conduct and ethical values.
- Ensures and proposing capacity-building opportunities for staff
- Implementation of internal policies and safeguarding procedures.
- Designing of an internal evaluation plan and feedback system
Project management and support
- Ensures harmonization of activities across projects, support and oversight.
- Contributes to monitor the existing projects
- Establish and maintain positive working relations with authorities and relevant stakeholders to ensure the project's implementation.
- Conducting regular meetings with the coordinators to review the planning, discuss the main concerns and possibilities for improvement and ensure the quality and accountability of the projects.
- In close collaboration with the Head of Mission manage the Fenix team and directly coordinate the Operations team.
- Manage the organization’s resources (houses, offices, car, office supplies).
- Oversee and fulfill the operational and logistic needs on a field level, making sure the offices are well functioning both for staff and beneficiaries.
About Fenix Aid
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologists and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, while advocating for a more just and equitable asylum system.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context.