About the role
Under the supervision of the Interview Preparation Coordinator and the Legal Coordinator, the legal assistant will collaborate with the field lawyers to provide legal counselling to clients and assist them in the preparation for the asylum interview.
- Organize meeting with clients and attend all interview preparation sessions.
- Take detailed notes in each interview preparation session.
- Compile a summary of events for each client.
- Support the lawyer with research for and draft of the memorandum.
- Ensures timely vetting, submission, and tracking of applications under the Dublin III Regulation.
- Collect information from the field regarding different human rights abuses.
- Research and gathering of supporting evidences to submit application for interview measures (Rule 39 cases).
- Maintain a good knowledge of the changes in European, Greek legal frameworks in order to best support ourclients.
- Maintain and manage individual case files and ensure that information gathered is formatted, uploaded andpresented as per the electronic database, pursuant to policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to exchange information and ensure that Fenix programs are respondingto the evolving needs of the clients.
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologists and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, while advocating for a more just and equitable asylum system.