We are looking for an independent, adaptable and responsible individual who is interested in joining our back office team. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context.
Responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Head of Operations, the Operations Officer will be responsible for:
● Manage the organization’s resources in Lesvos and Athens (houses, offices, car, office supplies).
● Identify and fulfil operational needs(material, logistics, financial) at field level on a weekly basis
● Lead the creation of a weekly plan at the field level, including the sharing of common spaces, use of the car, reception schedule, translators’ schedule, etc.
● Under the supervision of the Head ofOperations collect and deliver all the required financial, administrative andHR documents.
● Liaise with partners and in-house psychologists to organize team-building and training activities
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologist and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, with the support of over 20 volunteers working remotely on translation, research, communication and fundraising.
● Bachelor Degree in relevant field
● High command of spoken and writtenEnglish. Knowledge of Greek, Arabic, Farsi/Dari and/or French is an asset
● Previous experience in accounting,HR, or grant management is an asset
● Excellent communication andorganizational skills
● Passion for human rights
● Driving License is required
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context.