About the role
Under the supervision of the Development Coordinator, the Social Media officer will use different social media platforms to strengthen Fenix advocacy effort, increase the number of followers and support meeting fundraising goals.
Responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Develop ongoing social media strategies to support Fenix campaigns, advocacy efforts and Fenix’s work.
- Design social media posts and content.
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments to collect content and develop the most effective storytellingstrategies.
- Monitoring comments and messages.
- Research and identify emerging social platforms that fit Fenix as well as potential partnerships for social mediagrowth.
- Increase Fenix’s reach and engagement to key audiences.
- Help measure, analyse and report on the impact of social media through data collection.
- Provide general communications support, including administrative tasks as required All Fenix team members must comply with the values and principles outlined in the Fenix code of conduct and Policies.
About Fenix Aid
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologist and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, with the support of over 20 volunteers working remotely on translation, research, communication and fundraising.
What you’ll need
- Strong cultural awareness• Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Journalism, Communications, Social Media, Digital Marketing or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in communications, PR, marketing or digital content roles is a strong advantage.
- Experience with designing programs is required (ex: Canva, InDesign). Please attach previous work to yourcover letter.
- Excellent organizational skills with an eye for details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English C1. Other languages are an asset (French, Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Somali, Lingala, Greek).
- Able to work under pressure and with short timelines.
- Ability to use and coordinate social media platforms.
- Ability to manage global, macro, political nuances alongside micro details on each social post.
- Proficiency in social media channels, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and SoMe tools suchas Later.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an independent, adaptable and responsible individual who is willing to work in an emergency setting. Our clients need great advocates who demonstrate compassion, patience, hard work and empathy in extremely trying circumstances.
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, a cooperative, respectful team player, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a constantly shifting context.