About the role
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator and Communications Officer, the videographer will produce informational, and promotional videos, to strengthen Fenix's online presence. The Digital Officer is focused on identifying, gathering and packaging powerful digital content to connect audiences to the work of Fenix, and support our goals of raising awareness, influencing stakeholders, and fundraising.
- Cover the full arc of content development, working with the Programme Coordinator and Communications Officer: Support pushes and campaigns by identifying outstanding story ideas and content opportunities; gather raw assets; transform the material into pieces tailored for specific audiences and channels (site, email, social media, third-party and partner channels).
- Translate briefings into creative, audience-engaging viable video productions through executing video tasks, ranging from potentially shooting video footage to editing/ post production for social media and other channel
- Updating/ re-editing of current footage
- Supporting the creative team, handling small tasks regarding graphic design, photography and social media
- Provide general communications support, including administrative tasks as required All Fenix team members must comply with the values and principles outlined in the Fenix code of conduct and Policies.
Fenix – Humanitarian Legal Aid is a US non-profit organization and Greek MKO, federally registered with Greece’s Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers, protection officers, legal assistants, translators, psychologists and experts from different academic backgrounds, provides legal aid, protection and psychosocial services to refugees and asylum seekers on Lesvos, while advocating for a more just and equitable asylum system.
What we are looking for:
- Educational background in Video Production, Film, Journalism, Communications, Social Media, Digital Marketing or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling video production (please attach previous work to application)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an independent, adaptable and responsible volunteer videographer to support our communications efforts to help us further our multimedia presence. The terms, regarding working periods, time, and location will be discussed during the recruitment process, based on the applicants preferences.